It answers the unknowns. What do your top performers say, for example, on discovery talk tracks compared to their teammates who struggle to achieve quota? What do they do differently during negotiations?
Gong’s AI answers those questions for you. It ranks your team and analyzes their talk tracks, showing you significant differences between what your top performers and the rest of your team say. And it goes one (amazing) step further. It takes that information and gives you personalized coaching recommendations for each team member. It’s as simple as this:
- Start by choosing which teams you want to analyze. Pick teams that sell the same product and have similar sales pitches, so you compare apples to apples. Then select an analysis period that includes enough calls but excludes obsolete sales methods and messaging.
- Next, decide whether to include new hires in the analysis. They can skew your outcomes if you have quite a few of them, but including them also gives you a realistic picture of what’s happening on the ground.
- The final step is ranking your team. Whisper™ uses CRM data to rank your team members’ performances over the preset time period and according to any specific criteria you chose. For instance: in the new business mid-market team, which talk track has the higher rate of success, or biggest deal size, or deal cycle length. . How can I build a custom training program for my reps with Gong?
Gong’s software also lets you build and manage targeted coaching plans. They’re going to help you track and measure the impact of your coaching, so you can scale what works.
We’re not talking about general plans and metrics that roll on for ages. These are focused coaching plans that focus on one or two topics or skills. You run each plan for three to six weeks, depending on its complexity, and by the end of it, you know exactly what works … and how well. Use that information to inform future initiatives and coaching strategies.
Want to focus on a particular skill, talk track, or behavior? Here’s how to put a coaching plan into place:
- Select criteria that relate to a skill, talk track, or behavior you want to target.
- Use that criteria to create Trackers in Gong for keywords and phrases you’d like to monitor.
- Identify the sets of conversations you’re tracking by creating Call Categories using Trackers, CRM and interaction data, and other criteria.
- Use Call Categories to filter Gong Stats. This lets you track coaching activity and the impact of coaching on your reps’ conversations (cold calls, discovery, demo, etc).
- Create Scorecards to track the impact of your coaching plans, especially for things that are difficult to quantify in Gong Stats, such as building rapport. (That one’s nebulous, but critical.) Define the questions you’ll use to score calls. It’s good to align your Scorecards with your Call Categories.