6 Steps to Ace Empathetic Listening in Sales
Empathy is like a sales superpower. Use it right and you’ll build rapport with buyers, get insights into their business, and box out the competition. These 6 steps are used by high-skill, high-pay sales pros to crank up empathy to 11.
- Become a naturalYou either have it or you don’t, right? Wrong: use these conversation cues and psychological signals to build your empathy muscle.
- Pick up habits from master conversationalistsRapport-building is still the #1 skill in sales. High-netting sales reps use these habits to get buyers on their side and get ahead in their deals.
- Get buyers to feel heardHesitant buyers lean on their personal connection to make purchasing decisions. This is how you can connect with these buyers without scaring them off.
- Dial up your emotional IQDon’t wait for in-person meetings to get a head start. These techniques are the quickest way to create empathy – even while selling remote.
- Unlock buyer intelOnce you use these cues and send the right signals, you’ll access a wealth of insights into your buyer’s organization and map your solution to their expectations.
- Box out the competitionStep into negotiations with a home-field advantage by creating rapport that can’t be undermined by discounts, features, or gimmicks.
EMPATHY MODE ACTIVATED
Dodge the “just another vendor” trap and get an in with buyers.