7 Irresistible Cold Email Templates (Free PDF)
Cold emails getting the cold shoulder? We’ve analyzed 304,174 cold emails to bring you exactly what works and what doesn’t.
Use these cold email templates to improve your outreach and increase your response rates. Each contains data-backed techniques that are scientifically proven to book more meetings.
- Ready-to-use cold email templatesWe’ve already done most of the heavy lifting. These cold email templates are ready to go — all that’s left is for you to fill in the blanks.
- Persuasive examplesGet a complete sequence of emails that you can use to capture your prospects’ attention. Each template includes a full breakdown of why they work and the strategies you can use to boost your response rates.
- Call-to-actions that work (and why)Not getting any responses? Learn exactly which types of CTAs drive responses so you can book more meetings and close more deals.
- Copy, paste, and get startedCold email templates that fit different prospecting scenarios. Simply copy and paste these templates into your email marketing tool of choice.
- Customize each templateThe best cold emails are personalized for each prospect. Adapt each cold email template to fit different prospecting scenarios before hitting the send button.
- Fill your calendarAdd these cold prospecting email templates to your sales arsenal. Start booking more meetings through your outreach efforts right from your inbox.
- Successful outreachMost cold emails go straight to the spam folder. Make your outreach more effective by discovering powerful tips and suggestions in our templates.
- 3X3 research approachDon’t go in unprepared with your outreach. Learn how you can use the 3X3 research approach to personalize your pitch and show that you’re more just a name.
- Tactical apologiesSaying “sorry” in your cold emails can work against you. Here’s how you can use apologetic language as a persuasive tool to build empathy (and boost your win rates).
- Power wordsSupercharge your emails with these power words and motivate more of your prospects to respond. These simple words can help boost your win rates.
- Value adds“What’s in it for me?” Find out how to provide value to prospects with your emails (and why you should).
- Data-backed CTASCTAs can make or break your conversion rates. Learn exactly which CTAs you should use in your emails (this CTA is 2X more effective for cold outreach).
- Effective openersThe right way to open your cold emails before diving into the body. This opener has led to more replies and meetings booked than all other versions.
- Elevate your prospectingMost cold emails fail because they don’t offer anything of value. Learn how you can build trust and position yourself as a valuable resource.
- Optimal email cadenceTiming is everything. Get the optimal sending frequency to build and maintain deal momentum with your prospects.
- Demonstrating resultsUsing generic ROI language is a bad idea. Here’s what you should do instead when talking about the results your prospects can expect.
- Loss aversionHow you can use this powerful copywriting technique to create a sense of urgency and get prospects to act sooner rather than later.
- How to askA dead-simple technique to book more meetings with your prospects and get them to say “yes.”
Build your sales pipeline with these ready-to-use cold prospecting email templates.
These cold email templates contain powerful persuasive techniques that are backed by Gong data (we’ve done all the leg work so you don’t have to).
A: Download our templates package and you’ll receive 7 cold email templates — each includes a full breakdown of strategies that are proven to work (and why). We’ve also included links to additional resources that dive deeper into the data.
A: Anyone can use these templates, but here’s who stands to benefit the most:
- Sales managers: Use these templates to coach your sales team on how to connect with more prospects and convey value in their emails.
- Sales reps: Close more deals with cold emails. These templates cover the entire sales cycle, from prospecting to closing.
- Sales enablement: Equip your team with the resources they need to sell more effectively.
A: Once you confirm your email address, you’ll receive a PDF link containing all of the email template. Save it to your computer for easy access.
A: Absolutely, but only if you know what you’re doing. If your list of prospects isn’t opening or responding to your emails, it’s time to adjust your strategy. Each cold email template will help you get the attention of your prospects and close more deals.
A: Running a cold email campaign is tough. You don’t have a prior relationship with the potential prospect, so it’s harder to get their attention. To give your emails a better chance of success, using an engaging email subject line is a good place to start. You should also consider using personalization, creating an email list of high-quality contacts, and narrowing down your ideal customer. That means you’ve taken the time to understand their needs and tailored your cold email pitch accordingly. Email cadences are also a big consideration (in other words, you don’t want to bombard buyers with follow-up emails).
A: There’s no clear-cut answer. Cold emailing and cold calling are both effective ways to connect with new prospects. A cold email strategy is easier to scale and track, while cold calls can deliver a more immediate response.
A: Here are some additional resources that’ll help make your outreach efforts more effective:
- This (Surprising) Cold Email CTA Will Help You Book A LOT More Meetings: A strong CTA can help you book more meetings, but which one should you use? We’ve analyzed 304,174 emails and shared the results in this blog post.
- 7 Cold Email Stats To Write Killer Cold Emails: Asking prospects for their “thoughts” may seem like a smart way to build rapport, but our research in this blog post shows it decreases your chances of booking a meeting by 20%. Discover other findings of what you should (and shouldn’t do) when sending a cold email.
- Avoid This (Tempting) Cold Email Mistake at All Costs: Talking about ROI can jeopardize your success rates. Learn more in our analysis of 132,552 cold emails.
- How To Write A Sales Email: What The Data REALLY Says: Want to learn how to write sales emails that actually get read and acted on? This blog post is packed with data-backed tactics that will help you transform your emails into a revenue generating machine.
- These 6 Cold Email Examples Are So Good You’ll Want To Steal Them: We’ve rounded up 6 of the best cold email examples — some were so good that they were shared on social media for their ingenuity. Learn what made these emails truly stand out.
- These Are the Best Sales Email Tips You’ll Read in 2021: Should you ask for time when sending cold emails? Use emoticons? Negotiate prices? Find out in this awesome post where we share the results from our analysis of over 300,000 sales emails.
- 11 Hyper-Persuasive Sales Email Templates: These cold sales email templates cover the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close.
The best cold email templates for sales
Start generating more leads and closing more deals with our free cold email templates.