Director, Workplace and Facilities (SF Bay Area)
Finance - San Francisco Bay Area
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,900 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
Our team is looking for a Director, Workplace and Facilities. Gong has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start “from scratch” in building a US facilities blueprint that can be a differentiator for our employee experience, our in-person and virtual customer engagements, and be an enticing recruiting tool. You will be responsible for crafting an excellent workplace experience from end to end for those three stakeholder groups. You will own and lead all aspects of day-to-day operations, programs, building operations, maintenance, and real estate initiatives. The scope will include SF Bay Area as well as other locations throughout the United States, Israel, and expansion in Europe.
As we continue to grow, you will also be responsible for scaling this team’s capabilities, setting strategic priorities, crafting and tracking performance metrics, and building (and re-building) processes and policies. The ideal candidate is an excellent manager, operationally driven, and cares deeply about the in-person culture and experience.
- Create a vision of how facilities can be leveraged to be a differentiator for Gong in terms of employee engagement, customer experience and recruiting candidates and be able to operationalize that vision.
- Direct planning and oversees the implementation of Real Estate, Workplace, and Facilities systems, assigned real estate portfolios and Gong sites globally
- Ensure Real Estate, Workplace, and Facilities projects are developed on time and within budget while meeting strategic and operational goals
- Influence strategic decisions of program, initiative, product or operation directed; influence organizational decisions beyond the immediate area of accountability
- Build and enhance relationships with third party agencies (e.g., professional service providers, skilled and unskilled labor contractors, suppliers, vendors); may participate in contract negotiations; participates in real estate negotiations when applicable
- 10-12+ years of experience working in Facilities/Workplace
- Proven, demonstrated ability to build, manage and lead a global facilities function, anticipating and accommodating diverse needs in multiple locations and multiple countries.
- Comprehensive understanding of facilities management, equipment maintenance, organizational change, telecommunications services, mailroom operations, transportation, parking and other work environment services
- Familiarity with San Francisco ordinances (labor unions, permitting, zoning, etc) as well as other US and international locations.
- Strong executive presence, combined with exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment