Being a Gongster is as good as it gets. Each department strives to be the best at its craft, yet, we're all here to win as a team. We're also future-ready, working with the latest in AI, machine learning, NLP, and speech technology. Combine this with our awesome leadership, prime investors, and customers that are raving fans, and you have a recipe for success.See the Openings
Inclusion and Diversity
Whether it’s promoting Women in Sales or sponsoring LGBT+ projects, we walk the walk when it comes to inclusion and diversity. It’s not just about creating a level playing field -- we truly believe that a multitude of voices drives innovation and creativity.
We Didn’t Make Them Write this. We Swear.
Refer a Candidate — Get Dinner on Gong
Think you know someone with Gongster potential? If you refer a candidate into Gong and they get hired, we’ll send you and a +1 to ANY restaurant of your choosing — even a Michelin-star dining experience. Simply have the candidate inform our team that you’re the referrer and you’ll be on your way!
Join the #1 team
Sr. Manager, Strategy & Business Operations
Operations - San Francisco
Gong.io helps salespeople have better conversations by using AI and machine learning to pinpoint what the top performers are saying and doing differently. Those behaviors can then be replicated across the entire team to increase quota attainment and slash on-boarding time of new team members. Customer-facing teams at hundreds of companies like LinkedIn, GE and ZipRecruiter use Gong to improve their customer experience in millions of conversations every day.
Gong is looking for a strategic thinker and exceptional operator to help scale our expansion and renewal business. This person will report to our Director of Strategy and partner with the Customers Success and Growth AE leadership teams, leveraging qualitative and quantitative analysis to create and operationalize
business strategy, maintain a wholistic view on business and operational effectiveness and efficiency, and identify areas for future growth.
- Act as the strategic thought partner to growth AE and customer success leadership teams, helping to identify, scope, and execute upon new initiatives for Gong’s renewal and expansion business
- Define and drive analyses to promote a deep and wholistic understanding of renewal and expansion business performances, growth drivers, trends, and identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Keep the finger on the pulse of the business to ensure it is operating as successfully as possible, stepping in to help drive improvements as needed
- Serve as the connective tissue of a cross-functional team (including Sales, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance, People, and other internal groups, etc.), working to share knowledge and drive people towards a common goal
- Inspire teams to break organizational assumptions and challenge status quo
- Strategic thinker with practical business understanding to drive from insight to recommendation. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Ability to articulately present and debate recommendations with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Expert knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of SQL, Tableau (and/or desire to learn).
- BA/BS degree
- MBA degree
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations / business operations of technology companies, and/or at a management consulting firm
- Experience with enterprise software or SaaS GTM strategy
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams
A Word from Our Founding Gongsters
“We hire the best and invest in making them awesome. At Gong, you’ll be working with the sharpest minds in business, engineering, and research. Together, you’ll be challenged to be all that you can be, both as an individual and as a team player.”