Finance - San Francisco Bay Area
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 2,000 innovative companies like Paychex, PayPal, Hubspot, LinkedIn, MuleSoft, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As the Director of FP&A, you will be a key business partner in driving cross-functional, strategic planning and delivering value-added business analysis for various teams including but not limited to Customer Success and HR . You will partner with multiple executives to define and report on meaningful financial and operational metrics to drive insightful and data-led business decisions. You will also play an integral role in analyzing capacity plans, cost efficiencies, gross margins, and customer metrics to evaluate and support improvement opportunities that will drive profitable growth at scale.
- Partner with Customer Success in thinking through and modeling long-term gross margin targets
- Strategically manage ongoing financial analysis on customer metrics, churn/upsell rates and developing a robust recruiting capacity model
- Lead forecasting and budgeting, partnering with department leaders on monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis
- Partner with the Accounting Team to support the month-end close process
- Establish and maintain key metrics to help provide insights behind churn/upsell rates, customer support model, hiring targets
- Build complex financial models and analyses, including competitive analysis, gross margin analysis, pro forma models, scenario-based models with sensitivities, etc.
- Provide financial expertise to help support headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning
- Develop and implement efficient financial processes that support our rapidly growing business
- Prepare and analyze management presentations, including monthly reporting, BOD, QBR, and Finance Review
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, equity research, strategy consulting, or strategic/corp finance, preferably at either a high-tech or enterprise software company
- Proven business partnership experience with C-suite executives and the demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership to various functions
- Deep experience with various financial applications, including ERP, CRM, and financial planning applications (Salesforce, Netsuite, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Software (SaaS preferred) metrics, having experience calculating and comparing churn, dollar retention rates, cohort growth rates, lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, gross margin expansion etc.
- Experience working in a startup environment, with an ability to balance strategic initiatives and operational execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related discipline
PERKS & BENEFITS
- We offer Gongsters a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
- For most plans, Gong pays 100% of the premiums for employees and 50% of premiums for dependents.
- 401K program to help you invest in your future.
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter.
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment