Manager, Enterprise Customer Sales
Sales Leadership - Remote US
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,900 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
The customer sales organization is the fastest-growing sales organization at Gong, responsible for expanding and renewing customer revenue, working in partnership with customer success. As a manager of customer sales, you’ll build and lead an excellent team of mid-market Customer AEs, where you’ll be responsible for talent management, coaching, managing the pipeline, and playing a strategic role in designing the function as it continues to grow and mature.
Please note it is highly preferred if candidates are located in San Francisco, CA or Atlanta, GA.
- Hire, ramp, and train a team of superstar Enterprise Customer AEs.
- Work closely with Customer Success leadership to create raving fans that set your team up for successful expansion and renewals.
- Coach and develop your people in pursuit of world-class sales excellence.
- Consistent meet and exceed aggressive team net ARR quotas
- Assist your team with enterprise account and deal strategy
- Holding your people accountable to success and KPIs
- Design processes, tactics, playbooks, and policies that deliver long-term repeatable success.
- 4+ years managing and leading enterprise SaaS sales teams, pre-sale or post-sale (a mix of both is a bonus).
- 5+ years sales experience as an individual contributor, pre-sale or post-sale with an aggressive expansion motion (rather than flat renewals).
- Successful, verifiable track record of exceeding quota both as an individual contributor and manager.
- Previous experience in a hiring-heavy sales management role.
- Previous experience selling to sales leadership preferred.
- Have a very high degree of business sophistication and acumen: You know how to have a complex conversation about business issues with senior executives.
- Have a very high degree of social and emotional intelligence. You know how to put people at ease, communicate well, and build followership with your people.
- Have spades of experience hiring salespeople. This is a hypergrowth team where 1/3rd of your time will be spent hiring.
- Are a master sales tactician. When you’re selling, you know what you’re doing, why you’re doing it, and can explain it to other people to transfer your skills.
- Have a compulsion to coach and teach in a way that develops salespeople into stars.
- Have a team- and others-first mentality. You put your people and others above yourself. You’re not hungry for credit.
- Are principled and have a strong sense of integrity.
- Are hands-on as a leader. You don’t manage exclusively by spreadsheets and dashboards, but instead, you get your hands dirty with your people.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment