Senior Product Marketing Manager, Thought Leadership
Marketing - San Francisco Bay Area
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,500 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
Gong is looking for a Senior Manager of Thought Leadership to join our fast-growing Marketing team. Your primary responsibility will be to accelerate Gong’s thought leadership program by developing strategic content and campaigns to reinforce Gong’s position as the revenue intelligence leader. Due to your efforts, Gong will be viewed as a visionary company with distinct perspectives on relevant societal, business, and technological topics. The initiatives you drive will be primarily catered to our up-market segments as well as senior decision-makers.
This role requires data-driven research through surveys, market research, and interviews. Based on this research, some of the unique assets you’ll develop include an annual research report on revenue intelligence, the first published book on revenue intelligence, and a revenue intelligence blog. As the spokesperson for thought leadership at Gong, you will bring your research to market across various channels including webinars, virtual and in-person events, and in collaboration with partners.
This is a high-impact role where you will serve as a strategic visionary for Gong. The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter who is passionate about doing whatever it takes (strategy, execution, and everything in between) to help the business succeed. Prior experience in market research and an analytical mind are required.
- Follow and understand societal trends and industry market trends, and how Gong aligns to relevant themes
- Take ownership for major thought leadership content initiatives — from concept to creation and delivery
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including executives, product, and demand generation to develop and promote content as well as external contractors
- Work hand in hand with Customer Marketing to identify customer executives to highlight throughout our thought leadership initiatives
- Conceptualize new content formats, new distribution channels, and more to help Gong’s thought leadership stand out from the rest
- Create presentations and/or content for executive presentations, keynotes, fireside chats, podcasts, bylines, and more
- Develop relationships with industry thought leaders in academia, associations, influencers, and more to identify opportunities for content collaboration
- Be an external spokesperson for revenue intelligence and Gong
- 5-10+ years of experience at an analyst or market research firm, strategy consulting, or similar roles; experience in the sales industry is not required
- Highly organized and can project manage large initiatives with multiple stakeholders across an extended period of time
- Strategic thinker who can take multiple viewpoints and synthesize them into a concise message
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional writing skills catered to an executive audience
- Listens with empathy, curiosity, and understanding
- Someone who flourishes when given responsibility and a sense of ownership
- You have a BA or BS degree; MBA a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your futureEducation & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.