Value Insights Data Specialist/Sr. Specialist
Strategy - Remote US
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,500 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
Gong’s Value Engineering team is responsible for helping Gong's customers measure the benefits of, and drive more value out of the Gong technology, using data.
The Value Insights Data Specialist will be responsible for exploring value areas using data and automating them to scale, including:
Studying value drivers for customers and leverage data to demonstrate Gong value.
Extracting KPIs and value stories from Gong data.
Owning, designing and building Value Engineering self-service tools and calculators including: peer benchmarking, predictive models, benefits calculator, adoption metrics.
Supporting the Sales, Success and Marketing functions as well as customers in building and presenting value stories.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant work experience in B2B software operations / B2B software Value Engineering / professional services / management consulting roles.
- Clear understanding and a buy-in into Gong’s technology, value proposition and business strategy.
- Proven experience in extracting insights from data in the sales space.
- Deep understanding of B2B sales processes and pipeline management concepts.
- Expertise in software B2B business models, with specific functional expertise in Sales systems.
- A degree in data science, business, operations, management, or a related field is desirable.
- Experience with data science, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive algorithms
- Experience with query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Sisense) and multipurpose programming languages (e.g. Python).
- Experience with CRM systems and tools (e.g. Salesforce)
General business skills:
- Experience interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Follow Rev Ops team values and Gong’s operating principles:
- Highly Collaborative: we work together and pull the right people into conversations #winasateam #actnow
- Data Driven: find meaning in data and help the business make better decisions #challengeconventionalwisdom #favorthelongterm #nosugar
- Communicative: listen actively, involve stakeholders, seek alignment #winasateam #nosugarInnovative: experiment, take risks, explore and leverage technology to solve challenges #challengeconventionalwisdom #wantmore
- Always In The Know: embed in the teams we support, foster organizational awareness & alignment #winasateam #createravingfans
- Driven to be Effective & Efficient: drive processes, measure effectiveness, look for leaks, be agile to drive up productivity & scale our operations. #challengeconventionalwisdom
- Have Fun: identify drags and recommend changes, find the joy, celebrate wins #enjoytheride
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.