Legal - Remote US
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,000 innovative companies like LinkedIn, Hubspot, Service Titan, Pinterest, and Drift trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As Corporate Counsel at Gong, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a small, emerging, exemplary legal team and the projects you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Gongsters from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
This role will primarily support the sales, strategic partnerships and engineering teams. You'll work closely with business leaders to structure complex agreements establishing multi-year partnership and industry transformation vision with strategic customers. You will establish, institutionalize, and scale legal processes and templates for winning large, complex customers.
- Review, draft, and negotiate complex commercial agreements with large enterprise and strategic customers.
- Review, draft, and negotiate licenses, custom development, intellectual property agreements and platform services agreements.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes for strategic customer agreements.
- Provide legal advice to teams such as Sales, Engineering, Marketing, HR, and Communications located in US and Israel summarizing and communicating legal concepts and risks in a way that is meaningful for business teams. Advise business clients, as well as Finance and other stakeholders, on the legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes, and work within CPQ and CLM platforms and associated practices and procedures.
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- JD degree.
- 7+ years of attorney work experience in commercial contracts, intellectual property matters, business development and technology transactions, including at a law firm and/or in-house experience with technology companies.
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in at least one U.S. state, preferably California.
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions and IP ownership frameworks.
- Extensive background in drafting and negotiating services agreements, sales agreements, licenses, custom development and intellectual property agreements.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Excellent english communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with data use and protection laws (including state and federal privacy laws, GDPR and other global privacy laws).
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment