Security Leader, Office of the CISO
Security - Remote US
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,900 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As a customer-facing security leader, you’ll be a key part of the Sales team and Security operations at the company. You’ll be at the forefront of sales cycles helping field-facing teams meet with prospective customers’ security, privacy, and compliance teams to help them understand Gong’s capabilities in these areas. At the same time, you’ll play a key role internally in ensuring trust and security are core to our product.
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Security Leader, Office of the CISO is a highly-visible internal and external leader responsible for advising the sales, marketing, engineering, and customer success teams to accelerate opportunity closure through the establishing of Gong as a leader in protection and assurance. In this role, the candidate will influence Gong's largest customers around the globe and through his or her expertise increase assurance and influence C-level executives to select Gong as their trusted platform of choice. As an expert on Gong's product and security capabilities, the Security Leader, Office of the CISO will work closely with the sales, product management, and engineering teams to help develop the product security strategy in close collaboration with the CISO. Support the sales teams in handling complex security objections in sales, advise marketing on security resonant media, and liaison with product management and information security as the voice-of-the-customer for security product enhancements and requests. As a security leader, they will leverage their experience, industry connections, reputation, and expert-level knowledge to advise, influence, and support the execution of Gong's trusted platform initiatives and go-to-market strategy to drive greater assurance in Gong’s solutions. Candidates must have a strong background in cybersecurity, compliance, sales, and go-to-market support and development with a track record of success as a professional-level public speaker.
- Serve as a security expert that will ensure the Gong Sales Team is supported in Pre-sales efforts
- Accelerate the trust curve in field relationships with clients and prospects (goal is to increase win rate, shorten sales cycles, and drive larger deals working closely with the Global CISO and field sales teams.
- Maintain an active pulse on Gong’s customers’ problems and needs to inform our product & security strategy.
- Drive cross-functional efforts across marketing, sales, and strategy to address customer security needs related to the Gong platform.
- Create market awareness, along with the Global CISO, to increase opportunity identification and deal velocity through thought leadership events and content to promote Gong as a trusted partner.
- Develop and advise on the creation and upkeep of customer-facing, security-centric collateral for use throughout all phases of the selling cycle.
- Responsible for partnering across the organization to ensure valuable and impactful security content is developed for Gong clients and partners.
- Develop thought leadership content specific to Gong's differentiated approach to security and privacy.
- 12+ Years of technical and leadership experience across multiple technologies and organizations.
- 12+ Years of management and leadership and/or experience as a CSO/CISO.
- 8 + Years of cloud technology experience.
- 5 + years in customer facing and revenue impacting roles (sales, sales support, customer success)
- CISSP required. CISM and/or cCISO a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security, compliance and sales.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment